Many crimes against disabled people go unreported because of confusion over who to report the crime to. Many people are wary of the potential consequences of reporting crime, whilst there is also a perception that the police and legal authorities will not believe them. This section provides information on the various ways to report a hate crime.

If it is an emergency situation ring 999.

If you do not use voice calls, register with Emergency SMS to send a text. Register on the website.

If it is not an emergency, call 101 or Greater Manchester police on

0161 872 5050. If you use a text phone, contact 18001 101.


Report the incident through the True Vision website at:

You can report the incident to Crimestoppers by

Phone 0800 555111


There are some places called ‘third party reporting centres’, which will take a report of a hate incident or crime from you. There are a lot of these centres; a full list of which can be found here: