The Greater Manchester Mayor Disabled People's Panel commissioned by Andy Burnham and convened by GMCDP is now beginning its work.
The member organisations are majority led and staffed by disabled people: Breakthrough UK, Disability Stockport, Disabled Staff Network University of Manchester, Embrace Wigan & Leigh (co-opted), GM Autism Consortium (co-opted), GMCDP (convenor), Manchester Deaf Centre, Manchester Disabled People's Access Group, Manchester People First, Manchester Disabled People Against Cuts, National Federation of the Blind UK, People First Tameside, Rochdale and District Disability Action Group RADDAG, Salford Disability Forum.
Associate members are: Action Together, Activity Alliance, Better Things, Bury Blind Society, Bury U3A, Change, Communic8te Bury, Healthwatch Trafford, Lifeshare, Maddchester, National Association of Disabled Staff Networks, Pegasus Riding, Proud and Loud Arts, Rochdale Parent Carer’s Voice, RNIB, Seashell, Tameside Autism Group, Trafford Hard of Hearing.
The Panel will meet each month in a different borough of Greater Manchester, the dates and boroughs (at present) are:
- Manchester Thurs 20th June 11-3
- Oldham Tues 23rd July 2-4 plus Drop-in open to public 12-1:30
- Bolton Wed 21st August 1-4
- Stockport Thurs 19th September 1-4
- Rochdale Wed 16th October 1-4
- Wigan Thurs 14th November 1-4
- Trafford Tues 17th December 1-4
- Salford Thurs 16th January 1-4
- Bury Thurs 13th February 1-4
- Tameside Tues 17th March 1-4
These are early days and more information will be being relased as the Panel devlops its work, so stay tuned! If you want to know more please email Panel [at] GMCDP.com or call or text 07367 754 595
Some News Stories about the Panel: