Celebrating UK Disability History Month
Friday 1st December 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
At Manchester Central Library
Come and join Greater Manchester Coalition of Disabled People as we celebrate Disability History Month with Manchester Central Library and Manchester City Council.
This year’s theme is disability and art
- We’ll have displays and exhibitions about disability art and activism
- There will be a quiz, with £100 worth of vouchers for the winner
- You can enjoy live music from local singer song-writer and activist Dennis Queen
- We’ll be showing film from our archive, including music from Ian Stanton
- We’ll be featuring The Accessibles – comic and animation
GMCDP is also pleased to be working with Archives + to store and make available our extensive archive on the history of the disabled people’s movement. We’ll have a selection of artefacts on display at the event and you can find out more about the project from our staff.
Come and join us!
All are welcome, no need to book.
Personal assistance and British Sign Language interpreters will be provided.
If you need directions or want more information please get in touch with the GMCDP office.
Telephone: 0161 636 7534
Mobile (text messages): 07508 537561
Email: info [at] gmcdp.com
Event page here